- Cardamom → Elaichi is one of the most expensive spices in the world. The fat, green pods grown in Kerala, south India, are considered the best.
- Cardamom pods are oval capsules containing hard, dark brown seeds that are sticky and cling together.
- The two main varieties are green and black. The green ones have a ‘sweet’ aroma and are used in desserts or savoury dishes, whereas the black ones are smoky and are only used in rich savoury dishes.
- Black Cardamom has a earthy flavour and extremely powerful Aroma.
- Popularly used in Biryanis, Spice Blends and Indian / Arabic Cuisine to flavor curries.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on email